ETN CPD - Nutrition Answers April 2018
1. Feeding which of these may increase the risk of gastric ulcers in horses?
A) Fresh grass
C) Starchy cereals
2. Which of the following is not commonly deficient in UK soils?
3. What is the vitamin E requirement for a 500kg horse in hard work?
A) 1000 I.U.
B) 750 I.U.
C) 500 I.U.
D) 250 I.U.
4. Which of the following is true of liquid multi-vitamin supplements?
A) They can balance micronutrient requirements in the diet
B) They are palatable and easy to feed
C) They are often preferred by busy yards
D) All of the above
5. If you were advising a high oil diet for a 500kg performance horse, what would be the upper level of oil advised?
A) 4 tablespoons (60ml) / day
B) 200 ml / day
C) 500 ml / day
D) Two pints (1.14L) / day
6. Which of the following is not considered an essential electrolyte?
7. In a 2hr period up to how much of total body chloride might be lost in a performance horse?
8. What does ROS stand for in athletic training?
A) Random Oxygen Status
B) Reactive Oxygen Species
C) Real Overtraining Safely
D) Right Offside Strain
9. Trainers may traditionally use which of these terms to describe over-training in horses.
10. Which of the following is not considered a natural antioxidant?
B) Vegetable oil
C) Omicha berries
*Please confirm you have not completed / will not complete the CPD postal form in ETN magazine. Answers to CPD features can only be submitted once