• CPD stands for Continuing Professional Development. It refers to the process of tracking and documenting the skills, knowledge and experience that you gain both formally and informally as you work, beyond any initial training. It’s a record of what you experience, learn and then apply.
• AMTRA (the Animal Medicines Training Regulatory Authority) is an independent body whose task it is to ensure that the marketing and distribution of animal medicines in the UK is undertaken in a responsible manner by AMTRA qualified persons.
• AMTRA maintains registers of qualified persons, including Registered Animal Medicines Advisor (RAMAs) previously known as Suitably Qualified Persons (SQPs), Registered Animal Medicines Advisor authorises training centres for course provision, provides information and advice for registered persons, monitors and accredits continuing professional development (CPD) for RAMAs and regulates professional conduct.
• RAMAs are permitted under the Veterinary Medicines Regulations to prescribe and supply medicines classified as POM-VPS and NFA-VPS.
• For more about AMTRA and becoming an RAMA www.amtra.org.uk